Faith Presbyterian Church announces the following events at 16000 N. Del Webb Blvd., Sun City:
Facing life’s changing issues for seniors, “Living Well, Managing Better,” will be taught by Ellen and Dave Van Arsdale from 10 a.m. to 11:25 a.m. Nov. 6, 13, 20 and 27. The four-week class will explore issues of:
• Staying healthy and active, what do I need to do?
• What is assisted living and when should I go?
• Hospice, what is it and when it is used?
• What is a fiduciary and other family concerns?
• When do I give up driving?
• Where do I find joy for the days left?
• What forms should I be completing to get my affairs in order?
• How do I grow spiritually, when everything else is falling apart?
This class is open to Faith Presbyterian Church members and residents in the community. For information, contact the church office at 623-974-3611.
Lightbeams Low Vision support group meets at 10:30 a.m. Nov. 8 in the Iona Room. Feel free to invite others who may benefit from this support group, which is open to the community.
Lunch will be served for $2.50 per person.
Thursday@Faith meets at 7 p.m. Nov. 8 in Illingworth Hall.
Special guest will be Ryon Poleequatewa, an artist and musician who is one of the finest Kachina doll carvers alive today. He is a member of the Hopi tribe and of the Sun Clan. His dolls contain a lot of character, a dose of humor and reflect the great care he takes in creating each one. Poleequatewa is also a music maker, or a thunder maker, as a member of the Blu Thunder Singers, a traditional Native American group.
For the event, his art work will be projected on a huge screen so visitors will be able to see the work as he describes it.
Tickets for this event are $7 and will be on sale after worship and at the reception desk during the week.