Rojo Event Management in conjunction with the Arizona Cardinals have announce the second annual Big Red Rib & Music Festival, which will take place on the Great Lawn at Sportsman’s Park, just outside of University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
This four-day event will start the afternoon of April 26 and run through April 29.
Presented by Fry’s Food Stores, the Big Red Rib & Music Festival will feature live music, food and fun for all ages.
The 2012 Arizona Cardinals Draft Party, presented by the Valley Chevy Dealers, will take place the evening of April 26. On April 27, KC & The Sunshine Band will get everyone on their feet and show why they have sold more than 100 million records in their musical career.
April 28 will feature local bands throughout the day and multi-platinum singer/storywriter Kenny Loggins taking fans through his four decades of hit songs. Beatlemania Live! will perform on the main stage the afternoon of April 29.
There will be eight award-winning rib masters from around the country setting up on the Great Lawn during the festival. Whether it’s a full slab of ribs, pulled pork or beef brisket, barbecue fans should mark the Big Red Rib & Music Festival on their calendars.
Participating rib teams are:
• Porky Chicks BBQ of Fayetteville, Ark.
• Southwest BBQ/Coyote Roadhouse of Chicago.
• Cowboys BBQ of Weatherford, Texas.
• Texas Thunder BBQ of Phillips, Texas.
• Chicago BBQ of Bolingbrook, Ill.
• Barbeque Company of Phoenix.
• Uncle Bub’s BBQ of Westmont, Ill.
• Johnson’s BBQ of Chesapeake, Va.
• Pigfoot BBQ Company of Ohio.
• April 26: 4 to 9 p.m. — Arizona Cardinals Draft Party. Free admission.
• April 27: 4 to 11 p.m. — Carvin Jones Band at 6 p.m.; KC & The Sunshine Band at 8:30 p.m.
• April 28: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. — Daisy Train at 1 p.m.; Elvis Before Noon at 3:15 p.m.; The Chris Parker Project at 6 p.m.; Kenny Loggins at 8:30 p.m.
• April 29: Noon to 6 p.m. — Whiskey’s Quicker at 1 p.m.; Beatlemania Live! at 3 p.m.; 2012 Rib Awards at 4 p.m. (during intermission of Beatlemania Live!). Free admission.
The Great Lawn at Sportsman’s Park is just west of University of Phoenix Stadium. Free event parking will be available in the West (Orange) carpark.
General admission tickets for April 27 and 28 are $5 for adults. General admission tickets for seniors (60 and older) along with active and retired military are $1. Children ages 12 and under are admitted free all four days. General admission tickets can be purchased in advance at the University of Phoenix Stadium ticket office or at the Big Red Rib & Music Festival entrance on event day.
A limited amount of reserved seats can be purchased for KC & The Sunshine Band, Kenny Loggins and Beatlemania Live! These tickets can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.com or University of Phoenix Stadium ticket office.